The RFxpert RFX2 has given us the ability to measure field intensity over the sensor part and calibrate sensors base on the field measurement
Pedram Mousavi, Ph.D. P.Eng. SMIEEE | University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada – October 8, 2017
University of Alberta uses the RFxpert RFX2 for teaching and R&D
The RFxpert RFX2 is an extremely valuable instrument in our lab:
- We had a difficulty in fast measurement of antennas. EMSCAN provides a valuable instrument to quickly obtain radiation parameters.
- One major problem that we had was the measurement of wearable antennas in our near-field chamber. Using RFxpert RFX2 that problem was solved and we published couple of papers on that topic.
- My colleague, Dr. Daneshmad, is working on microwave sensors. RFxpert RFX2 has given her the ability to measure field intensity over the sensor part and calibrate sensors base on the field measurement.
- We used RFxpert RFX2 to debug defects in RF circuit, including, leakage, and broken vias.
- The service of EMSCAN’s engineers are amazing. Whenever, we had an issue, they were here to help us.
Pedram Mousavi, Ph.D. P.Eng. SMIEEE
NSERC-AITF Associate Industrial Research Chair in Intelligent Integrated Sensors & Antennas
Department of Mechanical Engineering (Engineering Management Group) &
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
University of Alberta
EMSCAN is the world leading developer of FAST magnetic very-near-field measurement technologies and applications since 1989, providing real-time test solutions to antenna and PCB designers and verification engineers, without the need for a chamber.
The EMxpert, a family of compact EMC and EMI diagnostic tools, and the RFxpert, a family of antenna measurement tools, enable engineers to quickly optimize their designs. EMSCAN solutions dramatically increase designer productivity and substantially reduce time-to-market and project development costs. www.emscan.com