Software Team Lead
About EMSCAN Corp.
EMSCAN develops real-time systems for electromagnetic field and antenna parameters measurements. In this space, EMSCAN has been rapidly gaining market share for last seven years. To meet testing needs of emerging technologies like 5G and IoT, EMSCAN is looking for bright minds to help build new breed of high frequency leading edge real-time measurement system.
The Software Team Lead will be responsible for Software system design and development. In this role, you will develop a thorough understanding of new product architecture and system specifications. You will create detailed software design specification followed by coding and test plan. Your goal would be to deliver a fully functional prototype with in specified project cost and schedule. You will also ensure your project adheres to software development processes and quality standards. In addition, you will also take the ownership of firmware design for the sub-systems of legacy and new products. You will build projects plans and track schedules for reporting to management. Your participation will be required to assist customer support and marketing team to respond to customers.
- Create development schedules for new products once specifications are complete
- Be responsible for the meeting deadlines related to software development and documentation
- Significant effort expended in coding for software/firmware development
- Developing test plans for software feature testing
- Introduce modern development tools and build platforms to facilitate efficient software development.
- Re-architect and modularize software to make it more scalable and upgradable.
- Introduce quality control software development processes and procedure.
- Be aware of the customer issues and make quality a top priority
- Report to management about scope, schedule and status of major software development project
- Research on new technology to improve EMSCAN system quality and capability.
- Bachelor degree (Master degree preferred) in computer science or electrical engineering coupled with 10+ year experience in software and embedded firmware deign.
- 3-4 year experience in managing a team of software/firmware developers.
EMSCAN is a growing company where you will have the opportunity you to participate in many other areas of the business allowing you to expand your skill set. The working hours will be determined by your productivity, multi-tasking ability and workload. This is a full-time position that can start immediately once we find the right candidate.Posted: January 29, 2018 Apply for this position