About EMSCAN Corp.
EMSCAN is a world leading developer of Fast Magnetic Very-Near-Field measurement tools. We provide lab bench systems that give development engineers the ability to measure antenna radiation patterns and detect circuit board emissions in real time. Using this test equipment in their own labs, development engineers can achieve results previously only achieved using an anechoic chamber or EMC measurement chamber. EMSCAN systems offer many advantages including lowering development costs, reducing board spins and accelerating time-to-market.
Working at EMSCAN as a member of the R&D Team is an exciting opportunity to express your innovative side, create new technology and develop great products. We create new technology and create disruptive products that development engineers use to build products. We work hard to meet deadlines but we also take time to enjoy life. The R&D team is a small, focused team with the knowledge that other engineers are watching us.
The Software Developer will design and code applications, drivers and tools. This is a great opportunity to learn more about product/software development building leading edge technology in near-field scanning. You will be challenged to create code that is innovative and efficient.
- Proficiency in C, C++, embedded C, Java script, MySQL, HTML, and PHP
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary highly skilled group of developers in a modified Agile process environment
- Advise management on project planning, schedule, risks and deliverable deadlines
- Test release candidate software/firmware and create software tools
- Research new software testing methods, coding standards and best practices to enhance EMSCAN system quality and capability
- Support customer service requests, requests from sales reps, other developers and engineers
- Be aware of the customer perspective and make external quality a top priority
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 2 years of experience developing firmware and PC based software
- Demonstrated experience in writing code according to a coding standard
- Demonstrate of an innovative product you developed
- We are deadline driven so you should have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, communicate risks and be willing to discuss and act on issues when facing a tight deadline
- You must be able to communicate design concepts, technical and process issues to different personalities within the R&D team, manufacturing and administrative staff. To be successful, you must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills within a team environment
EMSCAN is a small company and this opportunity will allow you to participate in many other areas of the business allowing you to flex other skill sets. You may be asked to assist Engineers, Managers and other staff with various tasks outside the standard technical expectation of a Lead Hardware Engineer. The hours will vary depending on the deadlines at the time and the workload assigned. This is a full time position that can start immediately once we find the right candidate.Posted: January 1, 2017 Apply for this position