Senior Hardware Engineer
About EMSCAN Corp.
EMSCAN develops real-time systems for electromagnetic field and antenna parameters measurements. In this space, EMSCAN has been rapidly gaining market share for last 7 years. To meet testing needs of emerging technologies like 5G and IoT, EMSCAN is looking for bright minds to help build new breed of high frequency leading edge real-time measurement system.
The Senior Hardware Engineer will be responsible for hardware subsystem design and development. In this role, you will develop a thorough understanding of new product architecture and system specifications. You will create detailed hardware design specification followed by schematic capture and PCB layout. Your goal would be to deliver a fully functional prototype with in specified project cost and schedule. You will also ensure your project adheres to hardware development processes and quality standards. Your participation will be required to assist customer support and marketing team to respond to customers.
- Create development schedules for new products once specifications are complete
- Be responsible for the meeting of deadlines related to hardware development
- Create design and test documentation
- Convert product specifications into system level design for RF and digital systems
- Perform PCB schematic and board layout design
- Manage the manufacture and population of boards
- Test and debug designs until release to manufacturing
- Assist with the setup of manufacturing lines to ensure they are meeting quality requirements
- Develop and test the firmware required to run any hardware components.
- Be aware of the customer issues and make quality a top priority
- Collaborate with 3rd party developers during development and test phase when outside work is required
- Report to management about scope, schedule and status of major software development project
- Research on new technology to improve EMSCAN system quality and capability
- Master’s degree or Bachelor degree + 5-year experience in Electrical or Electronic Engineering; higher degrees welcome
- Experience working with board layout for RF systems up to 21 GHz
- Five years of experience with system design and board layout of high speed digital systems
- Experience with creating and tracking development schedules
- Experience with lab equipment required for testing and debugging RF and digital systems
- Experience with EMC compliance testing
- Understanding of antenna design and measurement theory
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks when facing a tight deadline
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills within a team environment
EMSCAN is a growing company where you will have the opportunity you to participate in many other areas of the business allowing you to expand your skill set. The working hours will be determined by your productivity, multi-tasking ability and workload. This is a full-time position that can start immediately once we find the right candidate.Posted: January 2, 2018 Apply for this position