Lead Hardware Engineer
About EMSCAN Corp.
EMSCAN is a world leader in design, development and manufacturing of Fast Magnetic Very-Near-Field measurement tools. We provide systems for real-time measurement of electromagnetic 3D radiation pattern suitable for lab environment. These are super-fast systems that are highly cost-effective and eliminate the need for an anechoic chamber. EMSCAN tools help high speed digital designers and antenna designers reduce their product development time leading to accelerated time-to-market.
As a member of the R&D Team, you will have an exciting opportunity to exploit your innovation skills, employ leading edge technologies and develop new products. We invest heavily in technology development which converts into products challenging the conventional methods of product design & testing. At EMSCAN, we work hard to meet deadlines but also take time to enjoy life. Our R&D team is small and growing. We are laser focused, specializing in very high speed digital design approaching RF region and low dielectric high performance PCB design and fabrication.
As a Lead Hardware Engineer, you will be responsible for all aspects of hardware development from product concept to volume production. These aspects include design documentation, detailed analog and digital design, schematics capture, PCB layout, proto builds, troubleshooting, component sourcing and fabrication etc. In this role, you will work in a multidisciplinary team environment including software, customer support and marketing to prepare responses to customer inquiries.
- Lead the hardware development involving high frequency designs related to near-field electromagnetic measurement equipment
- Based on marketing specification, this person will write product functional specification and system architecture document. These documents will serve the basis for hardware design and implementation.
- Hands on for development of hardware design specification, schematics capture and guides PCB designer for the PCB stack, component layout and routing using RF PCB layout principles.
- Identify new technologies and components required for design and conduct feasibility studies
- Develop technical specification for FPGA and lead FPGA design and implementation
- Define and align deliverables from software/firmware, mechanical design, system test and PCB design
- Liaison with manufacturing to ensure timely delivery of prototypes and high yield production
- Research new technology and methods to improve EMSCAN system quality and capability
- Understands customer perspective and make product quality a top priority
- Manage hardware development schedule and report weekly status to management highlighting progress and potential risks.
- Provides technical guidance to junior hardware designers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Technology
- Ten years of experience developing high speed digital and RF systems up to 18 GHz
- A well rounded technical level of knowledge on all hardware related technologies including DSP, FPGA, RF high speed digital, power management, as well as communication protocols such as SIP, I2C, SerDes, USB, and Ethernet.
- Five years of experience in creating design documentation and test strategies at the system, module and circuit level.
- Three years of experience as a technical lead supervising at least 3 people
- Strong ability to troubleshoot hardware designs using Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzer, Oscilloscopes, Signal Generators and other electronic lab test equipment.
- Extensive experience with the complete hardware development cycle from requirements development through to certification and manufacturing release.
- Good understanding of EMC and Safety regulatory compliance requirements and testing.
- While working on deadline driven projects, you are expected to have strong project management and leadership skills. These skills include the ability to prioritize of multiple tasks, identify risks and develop mitigation plans, articulate potential risks to the management and act on issues when facing a tight deadline.
- You must be able to communicate design concepts, technical risks, process issues to different members of the R&D team, manufacturing and administrative staff. To be successful, you must have excellent interpersonal and team playing skills.
This opportunity will allow you to participate in the development of leading edge technology and create innovative products. You will be in a fast pace R&D environment with steep learning curve. You may be asked to assist Engineers, Managers and other staff members with various tasks outside the standard technical expectation of a Lead Hardware Engineer. This is a fulltime position to start immediately.
Posted: March 10, 2017 Apply for this position