Chambers on your desktop!
PCB (printed circuit board) Designers' and Engineers' goal is to design systems that generate the lowest possible electromagnetic interference. They want to eliminate any components that may act as an antenna which can radiate electromagnetic energy, avoid large loops of signal and corresponding ground-return lines and ensure that high-frequency currents do not leave the PCB. During any new PCB development process, design engineers must find, characterize, and address unintended radiators or RF leakage to pass compliance testing at an anechoic chamber.
EMxpert is the perfect pre- and post- electromagnetic compatibility compliance tool for engineers and designers. EMxpert is composed of a patented array of near-field probes that are electronically switched. Each row and column on the grid corresponds to a unique probe. Probes measure the amplitude of the H-Field (magnetic field) from a printed circuit board. They are insensitive and not tuned. Probes have a wide band width. So, they are very good at rejecting background noise. EMxpert does not require a shielded room to run the system. With EMxpert:
- Conduct EMC testing in real-time and on a lab bench.
- Learn why designs fail; gain insights that cannot be provided by an anechoic chamber.
- No time wasted waiting for anechoic chamber time availability.
- Test multiple iterations of an EMC design, evaluate EMI shielding, change the clock circuit, add or change filter and/or ferrite to your design and verify electromagnetic compatibility performance of final products quickly. Then, go to the chamber for final certification requirements with the peace of mind of knowing that the design will achieve a first time pass.
Antennas that fail to meet specified design criteria, regulatory requirements or consumer satisfaction either rapidly find the scrap heap or cause costly delays. If the antenna in question actually makes it to market and consumers identify a problem, it can create a widespread public relations nightmare. Designers therefore need to characterize an antenna to meet performance criteria including desired frequency, gain, bandwidth, impedance, efficiency and polarization.
RFxpert is the only real-time, compact, bench-top antenna measurement tool for wireless engineers and antenna designers. Underlying technology of RFxpert is similar to EMxpert. It is composed of a patented array of near-field probes that are electronically switched. Each row and column on the grid corresponds to a unique probe. Probes measure the amplitude and phase of the H-Field (magnetic field). Just like EMxpert, RFxpert does not require a shielded room to run the system.
- Execute real-time analysis of your embedded antenna designs, test multiple design iterations and optimize complex embedded antenna designs at a desktop in seconds at each stage of the design process.
- RFxpert saves time and cost by reducing reliance upon time consuming and costly anechoic chambers.
- Unique near-field data provides insight into the root cause of problems.
At each stage of the design process, RFxpert and EMxpert provide real-time test results on your desktop without waiting in congested anechoic chamber lines to test multiple design iterations, optimize complex designs and do rapid prototyping.
EMSCAN solutions provide insight into the root cause of problems; about why designs fail that cannot be provided by an anechoic chamber. They reduce operational costs by diagnosing and debugging pre- and post- compliance test problems.